Press Association The 24-year-old suffered cruciate knee ligament damage in Monday’s 4-1 FA Cup fourth-round win at Rochdale, after scoring the opener. Scans have revealed he suffered a ruptured cruciate ligament in his left knee and will have to undergo surgery. Stoke forward Bojan Krkic has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious knee injury. Manager Mark Hughes told the club’s official site: “It’s bitterly disappointing for the club but even more so for Bojan himself as he was making such a big impact on the Premier League and clearly enjoying his football. We wish him a speedy recovery.” Bojan moved to Stoke from Barcelona in the summer and has scored five goals in 18 games this season. Bojan had hit form for Stoke, netting all five of those goals in his last 12 games, scoring in his last two outings. He bagged the winner in the 1-0 win at Leicester this month which left Stoke 10th in the Barclays Premier League.
A heavy home defeat to Saracens and the failure to bag a bonus-point win at Oyonnax clearly hurt Ulster’s campaign but Kiss emphasised his pride at how his squad had at least finished the pool stage. “In previous games we didn’t nail a couple of points that we could have got which would have made it easier,” he said. “In the context of this week we put pressure on ourselves to do well and (having done that) now we sit back and wait.” Ulster scored tries through Rob Herring, Darren Cave, Rory Scholes, Sean Reidy, Craig Gilroy, Robbie Diack, Ian Humphreys and Jared Payne – and all were converted with Paddy Jackson kicking five and Humphreys three conversions – in what was a rout of the French side which saw the home team bag their bonus point by half-time. The 56 points also beefed up the province’s points differential which could be relevant in what looks to be a tight finish for the three group runners-up in making up the quarter-final line-up. “There was disappointment from last week (the heavy defeat at Saracens) and it hurt but to their credit, at the beginning of the week we just said ‘we’ll cleanse ourselves and make sure we build on what we have to do this week’,” said Kiss. “The campaign wasn’t perfect, we knew that, but if anyone had a perfect campaign I’d say they’re the champions. “But to stay in the hunt and keep fighting away is something we have to take as a strength.” An eight-try 56-3 thumping of Oyonnax put Ulster in as strong a position as they could have hoped for as they waited to learn whether it would be enough to take them into the European Champions Cup quarter-finals. Ulster head coach Les Kiss praised his side’s efforts and trusted it would be enough to carry them through as a best runner-up. “We knew the mission at the beginning of the week,” said Kiss. Still praising his side’s efforts, Kiss feels Ulster are moving in the right direction regardless of whether they make Europe’s knock-out stages this season. “The growth in our game has been really strong,” said the coach. “I’m very proud of what the boys have delivered in the campaign albeit we’ve had a couple of misses along the way. “It is what it is now and we’ll take a lot out of it. “We’ve had a lot of injuries and second row Alan O’Connor has done a great job stepping in for Iain Henderson. With our injuries in the backline, Stuart McCloskey and Luke Marshall has done a superb job and our nine and 10 has been really strong.” Even though Ulster racked up eight tries, they failed to score again after the hour mark, but Kiss refused to be too critical of that outcome. “I would have liked a couple more (tries) for sure but I don’t want to be too greedy and we got eight tries and from different people,” Kiss said. “The important thing was that we had both sides of our game switched on, to try and stretch the scoreline and get the tries which were converted and which was great because the extra points mattered and also the other thing was to not let them in. “You’re going to have a team which has purple patches and they tried hard to their credit but we still held them out and we still kept a points difference which may influence the end result.” Ulster had their first try after just two minutes which Kiss admitted was of vital importance to the home side’s cause. “That (Herring’s try) was very important,” said the Ulster coach. “I think we won the toss and we kicked off (with the wind) to them and invited them to find a solution and we scored early which was a nice part of our start. “We grew in confidence from there and it took us a little while to get that next score but to get the bonus point at half-time was very important.” Press Association
GUYANA Jaguars head coach Esaun Crandon, after the crowning of the Regional four-day champions for a third straight year on Monday, says there is no room for complacency heading into today’s start in the final round of West Indies Cricket Board’s Professional Cricket League (PCL) Four-day game against the Leeward Islands Hurricanes at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence.The Jaguars crushed the Windward Islands Volcanoes by an innings and 122 runs in the ninth round and moved to an unassailable 131.4 points.Esaun CrandonSpeaking with Chronicle Sport yesterday, Crandon indicated that the hosts will play tough cricket, with the aim to end the season on a winning note.“Definitely there is no room for complacency. We will come hard at them (Windward Islands Volcanoes); we will play tough cricket as usual, with the aim to end the season on a winning note,” Crandon pointed out.He added, “We will be looking again to exploit the home conditions to our advantage, something we have done really well in the past. Having said that, it’s another opportunity for a couple of guys.”Left-arm orthodox spinner Anthony Adams earned his maiden First Class call-up, while pacer Keon Joseph and all-rounder Raymon Reifer returned to the squad after representing the West Indies Cricket Board’s President’s XI against the touring Pakistan team in a three-day match in Jamaica.Anthony AdamsOmitted from the last match against the Windward Islands Volcanoes which the Jaguars won inside three days are: Sherfane Rutherford, Clinton Pestano and Romario Shepherd.The Guyana Jaguars squad reads: Assad Fudadin, Rajendra Chandrika, Chanderpaul Hemraj, Leon Johnson, Bhaskar Yadram, Keemo Paul, Anthony Bramble, Raymon Reifer, Veerasammy Permaul, Gudakesh Motie, Keon Joseph, Steven Jacobs and Anthony Adams.Leeward Islands Hurricanes squad reads: Montcin Hodge (captain), Nkrumah Bonner, Elvin Berridge, Jason Campbell, Kacey Carty, Jaeel Clarke, Chesney Hughes, Jeremiah Louis, Jermaine Otto, Sherwyn Peters, Akeem Saunders, Jacques Taylor and Gavin Tonge.
FOLLOWING last weekend’s Guyana Open, golfers will once again be in action tomorrow in the MACORP Invitational championship.The tournament, in its 11th edition was officially launched on Wednesday. During the simple ceremony, the company’s Chief Executive Officer, Jorge Medina, indicated that the company is pleased to be a part of the development of golf locally.“With all eyes on Guyana, we have to continue with these programmes as a way of improving life for all those in Guyana and not just us as the private sector but the Government as well,” Medina said.Receiving the $400 000 cheque on behalf of the Lusignan Golf Club was vice-president Brian Hackett, who praised MACORP for its continued support towards the development of the sport.“This Saturday is all about MACORP, they have been great partners with us aiding in bettering our drainage and their continued support at the club, we are happy to be associated with MACORP and we know that we will have a great tournament this Saturday,” Hackett indicated.Tee-off time is 12:30hrs at the Lusignan Golf Course.
SBC Digital Summit: A crash course in adaptability and resilience April 27, 2020 StumbleUpon Campeón Gaming Partners: Waiting for the “green light” to make Sweden and UK market moves June 24, 2019 Share Share Submit Yggdrasil Gaming selects SBC Summit to showcase latest innovations February 17, 2020 Yggdrasil Gaming has entered into an exclusive global partnership with Nitro Circus to create an exciting all-new action sports-themed online slot game.This strategic alliance will allow Yggdrasil to create its first ever branded game by partnering with Nitro Circus, the world’s biggest action sports entertainment brand led by its co-founder, the legendary action sports athlete, motorsports competitor and stunt daredevil Travis Pastrana.The launch of the Nitro Circus slot game will coincide with Nitro Circus’ all-new You Got This tour, coming to Europe later this year and visiting six different countries on the continent between the 20th of November and the ninth of December.The partnership brings together two young and innovative brands that are leaders within their respective sectors, and both with a reputation for pushing the boundaries of what is possible.Yggdrasil Gaming CEO Fredrik Elmqvist commented: “Yggdrasil would not take the leap into the branded games space without the perfect partner, and we’ve found just that with Nitro Circus.“Travis and Nitro Circus have a reputation for revolutionising their field; you only need to attend a show or watch their original content to see they are unparalleled in their excellence.“This slot will introduce Nitro Circus fans to the thrills of online casino, and similarly bring the high-octane action of the arena to casino players. It will be a fantastic way for operators to acquire new customers.“We are excited to team up with them and take the world by storm with this ground-breaking new release coming later this year.”Nitro Circus president Andy Edwards added: “We are proud to be partnering with Yggdrasil, the leading creative force in their field, in the first ever Nitro Circus slot game.“We are working closely with the Yggdrasil team and are looking forward to unveiling a game that delivers all the excitement our fans have come to expect from Nitro Circus.”The Nitro Circus slot game will feature action-packed images of the brand’s amazing athletes including Travis Pastrana, creatively integrated within the gaming experience.A trailer and special introductory message from Travis can be viewed here. Related Articles
Real Madrid Castilla coach Zinedine Zidane is at the centre of an investigationZinedine Zidane could face a six-month ban if the France legend is found guilty of coaching the Real Madrid B team without the correct licence.Spain’s national association of coaches (CENAFE) filed a complaint about the former Los Blancos star at the beginning of the season, saying that Zidane has been assuming the role of head coach over the Castilla side – despite the fact that he does not possess the right qualification for the role.Documents and video evidence have been sent to Spain’s Competitions Committee, which reportedly proves that the Frenchman has been coaching the B team even though Real insist Zidane is number two to Sergio Sanchez.The committee will now analyse whether Zidane and Real have broken rule 104, which carries a ban of between four and 20 games – or one to six months.Real’s B-team were relegated to the third tier of Spanish football last season, with the side currently sitting in the bottom three following three losses from their opening four games.
A possible massive sinkhole swallowed five construction trucks in Orlando today.The Orange County Sheriff’s Office said a possible sinkhole opened up this morning between two lakes near Orlando International Airport.It’s estimated to be 30 feet deep and 30 feet wide and gobbled up several huge pieces of construction equipment.So far, no injuries have been reported. The State Environmental Protection Division is investigating. Possible sinkhole opens up, swallows trucks near Orlando International Airport https://t.co/A67tlxzH94 Another reason you want to move to FL, and the low taxes, per p Rick Scott— #Voting Matters (@pakitaleone) July 3, 2019
Advertisement qspNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs3ba1Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E2zp( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) xs3evWould you ever consider trying this?😱r1kvCan your students do this? 🌚1aRoller skating! Powered by Firework The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be hosted in Qatar and hundreds of migrant labourers used for construction, are being forced to work in extreme temperatures, report Amnesty International. Qatar’s construction boom hit its peak this summer, ahead of the World Cup and most of the workers are toiling hard in temperatures of up to 45C for up to 10 hours a day with hundreds estimated to be dying from heat stress every year. The Qatari authorities however, have claimed that they are on course to protect the workers from heat-related injuries through a work ban that prohibits working in unshaded outdoor areas between 11.30 and 3pm.Advertisement The country’s construction boom started following their successful bid for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the country’s migrant worker population suddenly rose to 1.9m. Many of these young men are from Nepal, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan who travel to the country to build the stadiums, roads and hotels that will service the tournament.Advertisement Doha, the capital, is currently hosting the World Athletics Championships and the athletes have already complained about the extreme heat conditions last week. But the workers remain in dire situations as there is a serious risk of harm from heat stress between 9am and 12 noon throughout October. A recent research showed that working in high temperatures puts a huge strain on the human cardiovascular system, leading to fatal heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases.A professor of cardiology at the Oslo University Hospital said, “Young men have a very low incidence of heart attacks yet hundreds of them are dying every year in Qatar attributed to cardiovascular causes. Their bodies cannot take the heat stress they are being exposed to.”Advertisement While a government spokesperson claimed, “We know that working conditions, particularly in summer, can be challenging and that heat stress needs particular attention, which is why we have introduced the national heat stress guidance.”Professor Tord Kjellstrom, a consultant on environmental and occupational health for the United Nations has asked for immediate solutions to this problem citing,“As global temperatures rise because of the climate crisis, the health risk posed by heat stress will have devastating health consequences for millions, yet is still not being seen as the emergency that it is. This has to change.” Advertisement
COMEBACKING STAYS IN VEGAS ALL HEART IN WINNING GRADE III, $100,000 SENORITA STAKES BY A HEAD OVER FAVORED BE MINE; SOLIS & HOLLENDORFER TEAM FOR MILE WIN ON TURF IN 1:37.98
ARCADIA, Calif. (May 7, 2016)–In a thrilling stretch duel, combacking Stays in Vegas prevailed by a head over favored Be Mine to take Saturday’s Grade III, $100,000 Senorita Stakes at Santa Anita. Ridden by Alex Solis and trained by Jerry Hollendorfer, Stays in Vegas, who had been idle since Dec. 12, got flat mile on turf in 1:37.98.Breaking from the far outside in a field of seven sophomore fillies, Stays in Vegas sat a close third in behind Fourth Watch and the favorite into the Club House turn, tracked that pair to the quarter pole and engaged Be Mine three sixteenths from home in what was a thrilling finishing touch to Kentucky Derby Day at The Great Race Place.“She’s a very nice filly,” said Solis, who has now guided the Kentucky-bred daughter of City Zip to three one mile turf wins, with the Senorita her first graded score. “She keeps improving. Jerry gave her a little break and she just keeps improving.“We wanted to make sure we stayed close and tracked the favorite. At the three and a half, I had to move a little earlier than I wanted but I didn’t want her to get away from me. At the top of the stretch, my filly was very game.”The 5-2 third choice in the wagering, Stays in Vegas paid $7.20, $3.20 and $3.00.“We’re real happy with the win first time off a freshening,” said Hollendorfer. “We had her ready. She’s started her campaign now and we’re ready to go on with it.”Owned by Jungle Racing, LLC, KMN Racing, LLC and LNJ Foxwoods, Stays in Vegas collected her fifth win (all stakes) from seven starts. With the winner’s share of $60,000, she increased her earnings to $295,600.“The goal has been the Del Mar Oaks with this filly and this was a good way to start her back today,” said Alex Solis III, advisor to the ownership syndicate.Ridden by Tyler Baze, Be Mine made the lead at the quarter pole, but was immediately engaged to her outside by the winner and just missed in a valiant effort. Off at 8-5, Be Mine paid $3.20 and $2.80 while finishing a half length in front of a late charging Sheeza Milky Way.Ridden by Santiago Gonzalez, Sheeza Milky Way was last after a half mile and finished a half length in front of 5-2 second choice Decked Out. Off at 13-1, Sheeza Milky Way paid $4.20 to show.Fractions on the race were 23.42, 47.49, 1:12.69 and 1:25.25.Earlier in the day, the $75,000 Desert Code Stakes, which was shifted to the main track at 6 ½ furlongs due to heavy rains yesterday, was taken by Mr. Opportunist, who was ridden by Santiago Gonzalez. Trained by John Sadler, the 3-year-old Tale of the Cat colt won by 1 ½ lengths and got the distance in 1:15.30. Owned by Hronis Racing, LLC, he paid $4.80 to win.First post time for a nine-race card on Sunday, Mother’s Day at Santa Anita, is at 12:30 p.m. Admission gates open at 10:30 a.m. ON-TRACK CROWD OF 22,831 TAKE IN KENTUCKY DERBY DAY FESTIVITIES & 11-RACE LOCAL CARD
Photo Getty Images Caption: Newcastle Knights full-back Kalyn Ponga Knights chief executive Philip Gardner this week stated that the Broncos are a “bigger” threat than New Zealand Rugby as he strives to tie Ponga down to a new deal.The 21-year-old Queensland State of Origin full-back, who has made no secret of his desire to play for the All Blacks, is contracted until the end of next year, so he will be a free agent to NRL clubs on November 1 if Newcastle cannot agree an extension.Broncos coach Seibold rates Ponga highly, but says salary-cap restrictions would make a move for the livewire Knights man unlikely.”If we had open slather of course I’d go for Kalyn Ponga because he’s an outstanding player but every club has got a salary cap and it is not like the [English] Premier League where you can pay what you want for a player,” Seibold said.”Certainly Kalyn hasn’t been in any conversation [with the Broncos]. I think any club in the competition would want someone like Kalyn in their group regardless of what position he plays.”We certainly haven’t spoken about him so I am not sure where that came from. We are guided by a salary cap, so that is pie in the sky sort of stuff.”